SAP for Media was developed to meet the specific requirements of publishers, broadcaster and press distributors. In addition to the standard SAP functionality it features purchase planning and forecast of sales by analyzing historic data and trends, remittances (returns of unsold goods) and distribution optimization.
Description of the main areas of SAP IS-Media:
Media Issue Generation
- Media Issue Mass generation
- Automatic assignment and calculation of values to each issue according to the reference media issue - template (data sales, remittances, date of issue, expeditions, etc.).
- Possibility of using separate templates for each day of the week (Friday's issue of the newspapers, etc.).
- Different processing of newspapers, weekly, monthly, etc.
- Separe BOM's for every product (newspapers, magazine)
- Optional separate planning for main titiles and attachments - inserts
- Combined packaging and distribution to the new stands
- Sophisticated managenment of processing recalls and returns.
- Management of differentiated editions (Friday's issue of the newspapers, regional attachements, etc.).
- Packaging lines optimization.
- Possibility to independently optimize packaging parameters
Variable line configuration
- For external packing (publisher) virtual lines are used. This method enables unification of packing process in SAP for various business scenarios.
- Massprinting of bundle labels, delivery notes, etc.
- Packing Simulation (including estimation of time).
- Possibility to change the order of media issues on packing lines
- Possibility to change parameters online during packaging.
- Shipment planning, using a system Plantour:
- Planning subsequent shipment
- Planning of primary distribution.
- Planning of secondary distribution.
- Interface between Plantour and SAP DSD
Recalls and Returns
- Complete processing of media issues from the customer site to the publisher or scrapyard:
- Recall of media issues to the customer within the prescribed days.
- Crediting of returned copies to the customers.
- Use of scanning process for maximum efficiency.
- Monitoring potential (actual delivered quantity) to prevent misuse..
- Reporting returned and unsold media issues to the publishers
- A similar procedure for the publisher's return as for the purchase and stock transfer of media issues.
- Bulk create reusable remitendních orders.
- Different recoverable recovered and returned copies.
- Disposal credits along with the invoice - pairing before payment vydav atele.
- Planning of sales based on the history of sales, forecast sales.
- Display trends in sales, number of returned copies.
- Batch processing, rapid adjustment for the entire race, the entire string, etc.
- Partial processing for each site.
- CQP - constant service - enter the exact quantity for distribution to the establishment.
- SQP - sales quantity plan - a plan for the respective stands on the basis of long-term contracts and product lines.
- Custom solutions for bulk processing chain based on the selections SAP Retail assortments.
- Mandatory, optional issue for individual stands, solutions exceptions for individual establishments
- Exceptions for specific site stands (for schools, bus stops, etc.).
- Time dependence temporary addition, removing the title from the range.
- Simple transfer stand between sortimentními chain when changing owners.
- Preserving the history of the stand range.